Thursday, January 19, 2012

Health Goals for this year

I have a few health goals I'd like to achieve for the year. Most of these are inspired out of a desire to reduce stress/anxiety in my life and because I'm tired of being sick all the time! I think following some of these nutrition/exercise goals will really help me to feel better mentally and physically. I also am on the quest for helpful vegetarian/pescetarian cooking blogs so if anyone has any that you read please let me know!

Health Goals for 2012

1) Eat 5-10 servings of fruits/veggies per day.
*tomatoes, red, yellow, green peppers in particular...try to get ORGANIC as much as I can.

2) Eat more fiber every day. 20-35 grams/day.
* Apples, pears, oats, celery and coarse whole grains are all good options.

3) Eat healthy fats.
*Canola, olive oil, peanut oil and avocado.

4) Drink more water.
*8 glasses at least/day.

5) Eat a healthy breakfast every day. Don't skip this meal!

6) Choose lighter options when dining out. Don't eat the entire large portion of food all in one sitting.

7) Eat more power foods.
*Broccoli, spinach, edamame, blueberries, fish (tuna and salmon), peanuts/nuts and brown rice.

8) Reduce caffeine intake.

9) Drink more green tea.

10) Pack all my meals for work/school.

11) Take yoga classes.

12) Run on the beach several times a week.

13) Go snowboarding with my Grandpa.

14) Learn how to surf. :)

No comments: